|Develops and optimizes continuous production and manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality, and cost goals of the organization with the addition of automation. Recommends and implements changes or upgrades to equipment, work methods, or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy and raw materials using automation.|
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all automation equipment in the plant
- Improve current manufacturing processes in order to advance safety, increase efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximize margin using automation
- Perform regular preventive and breakdown maintenance and adjustments to current and new automation.
- Assist in preparing infrastructure for incoming automation equipment.
- Assist in receiving new automation equipment into the plant, unpacking and acceptance tests.
- Assist in commissioning the automation equipment into regular production- setup, run-off, operator training and certification.
- Assist in automation equipment process design, operation, implementation, modification and improvement for better performance according to lessons learned during production.
- Expand technology use for the applications and markets we serve using automation
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
- Knowledge of three phase electrical systems up to 480vac
- Must have a solid understanding and ability to diagnose problems as well as program PLC’s, HMI’s, and VFD’s.
- CNC and Servo control troubleshooting abilities necessary and knowledge of Fanuc, Siemens, and Mitsubishi a plus.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and design is required.
- Computer skills and AutoCAD
- Automation and Robotic experience
- Attention to safety is very important and a good understanding of the National Electric Code and NFPA 70E is necessary.
- The ability to help train and work with others in and out of the department is needed.
- Capable of safely operating equipment.
- General maintenance and installation duties also needed as well as building wiring such as running conduit, sizing conductors and switchgear.
5 years in an industrial environment, completion of an industrial controls trade school or associate degree in electrical or electronic engineering a plus.
- Candidates should be highly energized and self-motivated with “working in teams” experience to implement change and be adept at communicating with all levels to get everyone on board.
- Ability to design and build stand alone 100% inspection and automation equipment.
- Ability to design and build automation equipment to support loading and unloading of other pieces of manual and CNC equipment including the integration.
- Lean Practitioner certification preferred
- ME with 6+ years of process experience preferred
- 6-Sigma experience preferred
- CAD or AutoCAD skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Proven work experience in process engineering
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills with company personnel as well as outside contractors and technical support.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Continuous Improvement mentality
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Adaptability (Remain open to the opinions and viewpoints of others)
- Teamwork and Collaboration (Share information to foster collaboration plus create strong morale and spirit in the team)
- Achievement (Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence)
- Change Catalyst (Challenge the status quo by recognizing when things could be better and identifying needs to change)
- Service Orientation (Anticipate, recognizing and meeting customers’ needs)